The adrenal glands, located on top of the kidneys, produce hormones which control the body’s metabolic processes. Without the hormones these glands produce, the body is not able to respond adequately under minimal physical or emotional stress, including change in temperature, exercise or excitement.
When a tumor develops on the adrenal glands, surgery may not be necessary, depending on whether or not it is malignant, or cancerous. If your doctor recommends adrenalectomy, consider the state-of-the-art robotic procedure at The Jackson Clinic. Benefits of da Vinci adrenalectomy include:
- Three or four tiny scars instead of one large abdominal scar
- Less risk of hernia development
- Less chronic pain resulting from nerve damage
- Reduced postoperative pain
- Shorter hospital stay – you may leave one or two days after adrenal surgery
- Shorter recovery time – days instead of weeks – and quicker return to daily activities, including work
The Jackson Clinic’s laparoscopic adrenalectomy procedure allows for inguinal hernia repairs to be made through the tiniest of incisions, with reduced recovery time, shorter hospital stay and fewer complications. The Jackson Clinic minimally invasive general surgeon treats patients from all across West Tennessee and the Mid-South, including Memphis, Tupelo, Jonesboro and Paducah.